top of page

Red Lentil Avocado Pasta Salad

25 Minutes


Get to Know this recipe

We believe that healthy food can also be fun and delicious. Striving for the 80/20 rule means we eat "clean" 80% of the time; therefore, we can worry less about the other 20% we consume throughout the week. Our bodies are amazing machines able to handle so much that is beyond our understanding. What is clear is that once we start to explore new foods, we begin to crave those foods, and eating healthy doesn't feel like a sacrifice or a chore. When that happens, the healthy 80% becomes an exciting part of your diet. Ensuring that the majority of your diet is clean, you can be sure that your body is getting the nutrients it needs and is not fighting the inflammation caused by non "clean" food. So just what is "clean" eating? It's eating at home more than you eat out, it's consuming more plant-based foods, and it's mindful eating. What is not "clean" eating? Most convenience foods are processed and would not qualify as clean. These foods cause inflammation in your body, and prolonged inflammation in the body can lead to disease. Another benefit of a cleaning eating diet is that you will want various clean foods on hand, which can then be mix and matched for a diversified, delicious lunch menu. This salad is diversification at it's finest. We love to keep tomatoes, onions, avocado, and kale on hand and are enjoying exploring the new plant-based pasta options now available on the market.

Red Lentil Avocado Pasta Salad

How to Make

  1. Boil pasta until tender, remove from heat and strain pasta water

  2. Using the same pan, heat chickpeas

  3. Plate the salad by first layering the Kale at the bottom of your pasta or salad bowl

  4. Next, top with the pasta and chickpeas

  5. Chop tomatoes in half and add to salad

  6. Cut avocado into small cubes adding to the salad

  7. Add dressing, pepper, and a Feta cheese

Red Lentil Avocado Pasta Salad
Love it? Rate itDon’t love itNot greatSatisfiedReally goodLove itLove it? Rate it


1/2 Cup of Kale

1/4 Cup of Feta

1/2 Cup of Chickpeas

1/2 Whole Avocado

1/3 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes

1 Cup of Red Lentil Pasta (We recommend Barilla GF Plant Based Rotini)

2 Tblsp Simple Asian Dressing

1 Tblsp of Feta cheese

Pepper to taste

bottom of page