Chocolate Banana Muffin Men
Get to Know this recipe
This muffin man walked into our lives to stay. Hello, Mr. Chocolate Banana Muffin man! You thought he was going to be gingerbread, didn't you? He could be. We made him with cacao nibs to give him a chocolate flavor that can be replaced with ginger flavoring or increase the chocolate flavor and replace it with milk chocolate if that is what you prefer. We think he is perfect the way he is, but we love the idea of mixing new flavors. You can eat these fluffy muffin cookies for breakfast, snack, or dessert. Leave off the icing, and he makes a great healthy breakfast option.
How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Melt the butter in a microwave oven or in a saucepan.
3. Combine the cocoa and the hot water with the melted butter. Allow to cool slightly.
4. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Using a wire whisk or fork, beat the milk, egg and vanilla extract in a small bowl, blending well.
6. Cut up and mash the bananas. 2 medium ripe bananas will yield about 3/4 cup of mashed bananas. 7. Add mashed bananas to the milk mixture along with the cooled chocolate
8. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
9. Stir in the cacao nibs
10. Pour the batter into muffin molds. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when pressed lightly with a finger.
11. Optional: In medium size mixing bowl, whip heavy cream and 1/2 Tsp of vanilla. Cover tops of muffin with vanilla icing.
12. Cool before serving and enjoy
• 4 Tbsp plant butter
• 6 Tbsp cacao powder
• 4 Tbsp hot water
• 1 1/4 Cup almond flour
• 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
• 1 Tbsp baking powder
• 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/4 Tps salt
• 2/3 Cup milk
• 1 Large egg
• 1 Tsp vanilla extract
• 3/4 Cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
• 1/2 Cup cacao nibs
• Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
For icing, 1 Cup of heavy cream and 1/2 Tsp of vanilla